Gambling in Hawaii, Gov. Abercrombie Sees The Light for a Single Casino?
Well, no pun intended but, it’s “game on”. In an article this morning coming from The Star Advertiser, it was written that Gov. Neil Abercrombie is telling lawmakers he is willing to consider legalizing gambling next year.
Now I would link you to the article in The Star Advertiser in referring too but I don’t support their pay-to-view subscription policies. Anyhow…..
The issue of legalizing gambling in Hawaii has been on the legislative hot-plate for over 10 years. But within the same 10 years, the opposition to legalized gambling has put their foot down loud and clear.
So who wants the Casino? Citizens For A Better Way says there are real solid reason to support a single casino in Waikiki. They say over 3000 jobs to local people and a new tax revenue for the stat that will take the pressure off of social programs cut backs and teacher lay-offs.
So who doesn’t want a casino in Waikiki? For starters, the HPD and religious organizations and also the Boyd Gaming Corp., which operates the California, Fremont and Main Street Station hotels in Las Vegas, which are popular with Hawaii residents?... (More)
- Lobbyist John Radcliffe was the First Person to Contribute to Neil Abercrombie's Campaign for Governor of Hawaii
- Rogues Gallery: Hawaii Lobbyists G. A. "Red" Morris, John Radcliffe and company they keep...
- Hawaii Governor's New Communications Director was Paid Lobbyist for Int'l Gambling Magnate Sol Kerzner
- Hawaii's Former Governor John D. Waihee III Opposed Legalized Gambling in Hawaii
- Strange Bedfellows: Hawaii's Former Governor & Detroit's Gambling Promoter?
- Hawaii's 'Citizens for a Better Way' isn't a 'Citizens' Group After-all
- Lobbyists Spent $40,000 Manufacturing So-Called 'Citizens' Group Support for Oahu Casino Scheme
- There Can Be No Doubt Detroiters' Hawaii Lobbyist John Radcliffe Created Pro-Casino So-Called 'Citizens' Group'