According to a timeline produced by the Detroiters' consultants, they are planning to carry out a PR campaign beginning in December 2011 that lays the groundwork for something they refer to as "Mandatory Acquisition Legislation." That includes plans to "work closely with local governments, union, community groups to build and demonstrate support" for projects in Suffolk County and at Belmont Race Track in Nassau County.
From December 2011 - February 2012, the timeline indicates they will:
- Finalize Mandatory Acquisition Legislation for introduction to Congress.
- Finalize PR plans to support congressional introduction and promote passage of Mandatory Acquisition Legislation
Then in March 2012 they plan to introduce the so-called "Mandatory Acquisition Legislation" to federal officials.
The timeline notes these "ongoing' activities relative to their "Mandatory Acquisition Legislation" strategy:
- Meet with Federal elected officials; Schumer and Gillibrand; Nassau County and Suffolk County Congressional delegation. Demonstrate local support for Project.
- Meet with key Federal and State elected officials needed to support Mandatory Acquisition Legislation. Prepare white papers and testimony for congressional committee hearings.
- Meet with key elected officials, committee chairs, key DOI officials, and present testimony at committee hearings; lobby- lobby- lobby
In addition to up to three casinos on Long Island, the Detroiters may also be eyeing the opportunity to develop a gambling/entertainment mecca on Governor's Island in New York Harbor. (See renderings)
See other materials obtained with the timeline.
- Ilitch affiliate retains former U.S. Senator Alfonse D'Amato's lobbying firm to push New York Casino plans for Shinnecock
- Al D'Amato retained to advance Detroiters Long Island Casino Schemes is also leading fight for online gaming
- Shinnecock and Ilitch affiliate Gateway Casino Resorts paid $1.5 million to New York Lobbyists
- D.C. Lobbyists Paid $2.33 Million to Advance Shinnecock Casinos
- Shinnecock Casino Backers have dropped $117,500 on top-ranking NY Politicians
- Detroit Casino Syndicators Organize Additional Gaming Affiliates in Decade Long Pursuit of CA & NY Gambling Halls
- Scandal Continues to Plague Political and Lobbying Activities of Detroiters Bankrolling Shinnecock Casino Plans