Joe Findaro, a lobbyist/attorney of counsel with the D.C. office of Akerman Senterfitt and a former Department of Interior official, filed federal lobbying disclosure registration on 6.24.08 indicating he's been lobbying on behalf of the Bay Mills Indian Community since at least 6.01.08.
Among Findaro's other clients: Full House Resorts; Kalispel Tribe of Indians; Scotts Valley Band of Pomo Indians; Shinnecock Indian Nation; Station Casinos.
Both the Bay Mills Indian Community and Shinnecock Indian Nation are pursuing plans for Indian casinos off current reservation lands with the backing of Detroit casino syndicator Michael J. Malik, Sr. and his partner Mrs. Marian Ilitch, owner of Detroit's MotorCity Casino, Little Caesars Pizza and the Detroit Red Wings NHL franchise.
You may want to also review these related posts:
- These D.C. lobbyists behind the Malik/Ilitch backed Port Huron Casino
- Former Pombo aide rumored to be lobbying House Members to support a Port Huron Casino
- Former Pombo aide reveals he has been lobbying for Detroit casino syndicator
- Ex-Pombo aide waited months to disclose he’s been lobbying on matters considered by former colleagues
- Lobbyist Rick Alcalde is at the center of earmark controversy involving Rep. Don Young