...Among those Mays Crafts is the Temptation, an exquisite 47-footer built for Mike Malik of Detroit two years ago. The boat is powered by two Seatek diesel engines. The boat cruises at 54 miles per hour, and that's before the muscle flexing even begins.
Seats are trimmed in ostrich leather. The flooring is Burma teak. The countertops are granite. There's a bed and a dishwasher and a flat screen television and that is only a brief inventory of its incredible garnishments... (Read Full Story)
After the weekend we went to Mayea and talked to Larry Mayea.
This boat is Temptation $3,000,000+ build.
The engines are One of a kind 850 hp specially made for this boat SeaTek engines from Italy. At $150,000 each, There are only three of them: two in the boat and one extra ($150,000 worth of just in case) .
Larry [Mayea] and Bob when to Italy and picked out the ostrich leather and matching marble for this boat all the hardware is custom as well as the boat design itself.
When I was there it hadn't been delivered to the customer yet it was on stands ready to go, they were going to bring it back to Italy for the first showing.
Turns out the owner is good friends with the owner of Anchor Bay Marina (Doug) who was having the party. What an unbelievable work of art this vessel is!!!! Absolutely beautiful and very very custom in every way!!! I was thrilled to have been able to board her. To top things off I later heard last week that “Temptation” was asked for a photo shoot for a major boating magazine. “Cover Story” here on Lake St. Clair. The owner was out of town and asked Doug if he would do the honors. Soooooo……..off he goes out in the lake along with a helicopter and another Mayea Boat [tracking].
- Tribe's former chairman now skippers casino syndicator's luxury fishing boat
- The "Gabby:" a Malik family Sea Ray built sport yacht?
- EDITORIAL: The first of Mike Malik's failed attempts to develop a Marina on Harsens Island
- Former casino partners formed Renegade Charters LLC
- Ilitch Partner Spends Millions buying his way into Exclusive Club: Mays Craft Boat Owners
- Casino Syndicator Mike Malik owns boat slips adjacent to Detroit's Bayview Yacht Club
- Despite Financial Woes, Ilitch Partner Obsessed with Buying Million Dollar Luxury Watercraft