As demonstration of their relationship, consider that campaign finance disclosure records on file with the State reveal that the very first person to financially back Abercrombie's bid to become Hawaii's Governor was John Radcliffe. He wrote a check for $2,000 to Abercrombie for Governor on March 4, 2009. Over the course of the campaign, Radcliffe's immediately family would contribute nearly $12,000 in aggregate to Abercrombie's campaign committee.
Throughout most of the first decade of the new century, Radcliffe has been registered as a lobbyist representing the Hawaii interests of Detroit casino syndicators (Michael Malik & Marian Ilitch) who want to develop a Waikiki gambling hall. Radcliffe has been retained by the Detroiter's PR firm, Lansing-based Marketing Resource Group (MRG). Tom Shields, often quoted as a spokesperson for the Detroiters, is founder and president of MRG.
To review related content, click on the "Labels" located under the social media share buttons at the bottom of this post or consider these select posts:
- Rogues Gallery: Hawaii Lobbyists G. A. "Red" Morris, John Radcliffe and company they keep...
- She Said: Here's what Hata-Watanabe had to offer after a recent visit to TheVerifiableTruth.com
- Hawaii's Former Governor John D. Waihee III Opposed Legalized Gambling in Hawaii
- Strange Bedfellows: Hawaii's Former Governor & Detroit's Gambling Promoter?
- Boyd Gaming establishing first-hand knowledge of and developing customer base in Hawaii, could prove valuable to Waikiki Gambling Hall Operator
- Lobbyists Spent $40,000 Manufacturing So-Called 'Citizens' Group Support for Oahu Casino Scheme
- Detroiters' Gambling Advocate Hired as Hawaii Governor's Communications Director