George A. Morris (aka G. A. Morris, G. A. Red Morris, George A. "Red" Morris, Red Morris), affiliated with Capitol Consultants of Hawaii (president) and G. A. Morris, Inc. (a partner in Capitol Consultants of Hawaii). Clients: Marketing Resource Group (MRG) for a Detroit casino syndicate organized by Michael J. Malik, Sr. and Mrs. Marian Ilitch (CCM Merger/Detroit Entertainment dba MotorCity Casino); and Boyd Gaming Company (NYSE: BYD).
John H. Radcliffe, affiliated with Capitol Consultants of Hawaii (vice president and partner) and Radcliffe & Associates. Clients: Marketing Resource Group (MRG) for a Detroit casino syndicate organized by Michael J. Malik, Sr. and Mrs. Marian Ilitch (CCM Merger/Detroit Entertainment dba MotorCity Casino). It's believed he conceived and controls Citizens for a Better Way, LLC.
Elizabeth Hata Watanabe (aka Liz Watanabe, Liz Hata Watanabe, Elizabeth C. Watanabe, Elizabeth C. Jimenez) affiliated with Citizens for a Better Way, LLC as its only member and its manage; and Hata Foundation. Previous affiliations EHW LLC, EHW-II LLC, Hawaii's Big Deal Poker Tournament. Clients: Radcliffe & Associates which represents and receives payments from MRG's Detroit casino syndicate.
The Detroiters know that generally, locals in most communities are likley to resist the legalization of gambling or the expansion of gambling opportunities if such proposals are championed by outsiders (Las Vegas Casino Lords, Detroit Casino Syndicates, etc.). Trust is a key factor in approving proposals and locals are less likely to trust Las Vegas or Detroit casino operators whose interests might conflict with Hawaii interests. Not to mention, Las Vegas and Detroit have reputations tied to organized crime, higher crime rates, illegal activities, corruption, etc.
Truth is Detroit and Las Vegas Gambling Interests Behind Hawaii Schemes
That MRG (a PR firm) has retained the lobbyists on behalf of its Detroit Casino Syndicate client (MotorCity Casino) is intended to bury the truth that Detroit gambling interests are bankrolling and pushing Waikiki casino development schemes -- not Hawaiians! Further, the last time the Detroiters were successful pushing plans for casino development, they were fronting for Las Vegas Gambling Lords. Of the many yet unanswered questions: are the Detroiters via their PR firm actually bankrolling the Waikiki casino schemes on behalf of Las Vegas partners like Boyd Gaming for instance? You're not likely to get a straight answer from the lobbyists or the Detroiter's PR firm.
See for yourself, the lobbyists hired to push the legalization of gambling in Hawaii were engaged by and are being paid by Detroit gambling interests with ties to Las Vegas Casino Lords -- not locals!
Search lobbyist registrations via the Hawaii Ethics Commission or click on the links in the Scribd.com box below.
- Marketing Resource Group: the Tom Shields-owned Political/PR Firm is a Slave to Ilitch/Malik Affiliates
- Hawaii's newest lobbyist spent big, catapulting her into the company of 'Big Boys;' Won't reveal identities of those who bankrolled schemes
- Lobbyist John Radcliffe was the First Person to Contribute to Neil Abercrombie's Campaign for Governor of Hawaii
- Hawaii Governor's New Communications Director was Paid Lobbyist for Int'l Gambling Magnate Sol Kerzner
- Capitol Consulants of Hawaii: Double Dipping Gambling Conflicts, Resume Padding Lies or Harboring Secret Partners?
- Detroiters' Lobbyist Laying Groundwork for Waikiki Gambling
- Boyd Gaming establishing first-hand knowledge of and developing customer base in Hawaii, could prove valuable to Waikiki Gambling Hall Operator