Long Island Democrats
Blindly Endorse CasinoNASSAU COUNTY, NY – Nassau County’s four Democratic members of the New York State Assembly today announced their support for a Shinnecock Indian Nation casino at Belmont Racetrack. Assembly Members Earlene Hooper, Harvey Weisenberg, Charles Lavine and Michelle Schimel cited jobs and economic opportunity as the driving factors and urged their colleagues in both the Senate and Assembly to join in support.
“This project will create thousands of jobs for Long Islanders and provide a huge boost to the local and state economies,” said Assemblywoman Earlene Hooper (D-Hempstead). “We need these revenues to stay here in New York, for both the state and Nassau County, so we can keep people working and create more jobs.”
Shinnecock Tribal Trustee Chairman Randy King said, “We appreciate the strong and growing support from all parts of Nassau County. A Shinnecock Nation entertainment complex will provide much needed jobs to help boost the Long Island economy, as well as created revenues for the County, the State and the Shinnecock Indian Nation, and we certainly thank Assembly Members Hooper, Weisenberg, Lavine and Schimel for their support”...
The four Assembly members announced their support on the heels of Representatives Carolyn McCarthy and Peter King joining the list of backers for the Shinnecock project. (Original Post)
It should be noted that Rep. Carolyn McCarthy only pledged support for the Detroiters' Shinnecock Casino Scheme after she'd received political campaign contributions from the casino syndicate's bag-man Michael J. Malik, Sr. It's likely they've funded the campaign coffers of the others through Democratic committee war-chests or other third-parties.
Ironically, while these Democrats are accepting campaign checks from the controversial Malik; New York Governor Andrew Cuomo rejected a $10,000 contribution from Malik as have others weary of being associated with a known criminal and lawbreaker (Malik's been arrested for child-abuse, found guilty of illegal discharge of a weapon, guilty of violating political campaign finance laws and charged with fraud & settled in an international Ponzi scheme involving fugitive Jack Utsick, a one-time entertainment promoter whom Malik is partners with.
- Growing List of NY Politicians Rejecting $$$ from Ilitch Partner Michael Malik
- Reps McCarthy & Bishop: The Company They're Keeping Will Surely Lead to Regret
- NY Governor Cuomo Latest To Reject Campaign Contributions from Ilitch Gambling Partner Michael Malik
- Rep. Tim Bishop (D-NY) Caught Taking More Money from Notorious Law-Breaking Detroit Casino Syndicator
- Mayor: Detroiters Should Build Their Shinnecock Casino at the Nassau County "Hub" not Belmont Park
- Mayor: Don't approve Shinnecock Casino Scheme at Belmont Park at the Expense of the Surrounding Communities
- Gateway Casinos / Shinnecock Lobbyist tied to Schumer, Rangel, Gillibrand; Campaign Funds Flow Their Direction
- Scandal Continues to Plague Political and Lobbying Activities of Detroiters Bankrolling Shinnecock Casino Plans
- Michael Malik: The Latest Life & Times of a Detroit Casino Syndicator